"We encourage Service. We have the ability, the opportunity, and the duty to serve our fellow human beings. Our reward is the satisfaction that comes from serving." - The Phi Gamma Delta Values
Philanthropy is an opportunity for us to give back to the community. We at Phi Gamma Delta believe that since we have the ability and opportunity to serve, it becomes our duty to better the community.
24 Hour Teeter-Totter-A-Thon
Teeter-Totter-A-Thon is our philanthropy held during the fall semester. We have a large teeter-totter on the corner of University and Main for 24 hours. People ride on the teeter-totter for 24 hours with music and lots of good times. Money raised goes to Family House which gives an affordable place to stay for people with loved ones in the local Peoria hospitals.
American Red Cross
In 2004, the International Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta forged an international partnership with The American and Canadian Red Cross by designating The Red Cross Organization as its official International Philanthropy. This marks the first time in the history of Phi Gamma Delta that such an important step has been taken. Initiated by the Undergraduate Delegates to the Fraternity's 154th Ekklesia held in Portland, Oregon in August, 2002 , the partnership is based upon the following objectives:
- An international organization with an outstanding presence to our local chapters, where there is ample support locally and internationally from the designated charity.
- The American Red Cross has over 900 local chapters. The Canadian Red Cross has a strong presence in each of the 10 Canadian provinces.
- A Phi Gamma Delta Brother is involved with the international philanthropy as a board member, officer or significant volunteer.
- An organization that will be engaged and actively supportive.
- The Red Cross has an active Youth Services program through which college students can make a difference in their communities.
- An organization offering a wide variety of activities in which brothers and chapters can participate.
Opportunities with the Red Cross include Health and Safety Services, Disaster Services, Biomedical Services (including blood drives), and Community Services. Under the Tag Line: "Together, We Can Save A Life," Beta Pi Brothers at Bradley University look forward to participating in this worthy endeavor.